Places to See! Things to Do! Awesomeness to Read!

Friday, May 27, 2016

Finding My Voice

I went to a writing class on Wednesday evening and, as is usual for such a class, I came away with some fun work that I probably would never have come up with on my own.

One of the assignments was thus:

Write a 10 line poem, using a proverb, adage, or familiar saying, and include five of the following words:

Cliff  -   Needle  -   Voice  -   Whir  -   Blackberry  -  Cloud  -  Mother  -  Lick.

Using those instructions, here is what I came up with - which turned out more insightful than I had planned, but then my favorite ones always do.

Finding My Voice
Was a needle
In a haystack
Clouded by whirs
Of a Mother tongue
Advising
To keep my mouth shut.
Upending this sagacity
Took courage and commitment
With a splash of rebel yell.

No comments:

Post a Comment